Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

create pattern based business model via ucmdb java api

Jump to solution

Hi, i want to create pattern based business Cis or  Collection CIs (models) which has a query and filtered by an attribute. But i dont know i can create this using java api. My use cases are;

1-      Create ci collection ( pattern based) from ucmdb api ( this collection collects some nodes via query filtered by an attribute)

2-      Create business service (instance based) containment link to  ci collection (pattern based model) which contains a query of specific computer filtered by attribute.

3-      Get a view set its attribute to new value and save as another view in a folder i choose

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: create pattern based business model via ucmdb java api

Jump to solution

Hi Melih,

I have checked it but unfortunately there is no method in the API to create pattern/instance based models. This is confirmed by RnD.

You can only create queries/views/impact analysis/create CIs and relations.. 

Sorry for the bad news. 😞

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Melih,

This task will require you to have quite an extensive java knowledge. The details about the uCMDB APIs can be found at http://localhost:8080/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/APIs/UCMDB_JavaAPI.

We could assist you with particular questions regarding the use of the APIs but from the Support perspective we are not entitled to develop the whole java program for you. For this we have the Professional Services team which can help you.

Regards,

Adrian 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Adrian, actually i was wondering if it is possible to create a pattern based model( collection etc) via java api , answer will be enough for me, ( an example will not be too much too 🙂 BR
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Melih,

I will check this for you and let you know.

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Melih,

I have checked it but unfortunately there is no method in the API to create pattern/instance based models. This is confirmed by RnD.

You can only create queries/views/impact analysis/create CIs and relations.. 

Sorry for the bad news. 😞

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Melih,

But why do we need the API to create view ?

Let us say, you create the view using the API, what are we going to do with that , at the end you might want to see that in the UI.

Regards

Raveendra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
hi Raveendra, i work for a datacenter which as approx 150 customers. and each customer have 10-15 views . (same views for all customers, just the customer attribute is different) the customer is an attribute in node ci, used for filtering nodes, by using this api i was planning to create 10-15 views for each customer. I can use template but this will be a manual operation too. I think this may be possible via gui
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Adrian thank you for your help. 

BR

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.