Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

discovering OpenStack

Hello.

Does HP plan to develop and support discovering of virtual infrastructure components based on OpenStack? 

In particular cloud solution HP Helion?

If plans, then when can we expect the first version?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: discovering OpenStack

Good question. OpenStack is not a hypervisor.  Does this mean that OpenStack should go under Installed Software instead of Node?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I mean discovering virtual topology (virtual machines, virtual networks) and other resources provided by OpenStack.

About discovering OpenStack as software there is may be some problems with finding a relationships between components... But this is not real problem, because users can create valid relationships by themselfs...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

I hear what you are after - relationships to data centers, hosts, VM's, storage, and the like.  I think I'm saying that I don't know the proper CI type for OpenStack.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'd suggest opening of enhancement request with support via HP SSO. You will be either provided with solution (if exist or known) or ER for future implementation will be created.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.