Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

enriching custom attribute

Hi All

I had created 2 custom attributes for node CI type and I want to update the value for custom attributes.

These are custom atrributes created,

ApplicationRunning
ServerOwner

Issue is ApplicationRunning will differ among nodes created, for example NodeA will have ApplicationA, NodeB will have ApplicationB and so on.

I know in Enrichment rule, I can create enrichment based on DisplayLabel attribute, but I am not sure on RegularExpression and RegExp Group

Please advise.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: enriching custom attribute

Hi Ramesh,

you have to be more precise with the values which you want to set. Where do they come from, which part do you want to take and where to put it.

In order to use regexp there should be a clear separator between the parts of the string you are interested. In Regular expresion field you specify the devider you are looking for, and in the RegExp group you specify which part of the string you want to put. 

An example: The value of the field Description is "Name.Surname". If you want to enrich the ServerOwner fiend only with the Surname. Then you write (.*[.])(.*) in the regular expression field, and 2 in the regexp group field.

You can find examples in the UCMDB help.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Thanks for your comments.

Values for Servers are coming from DisplayLabel attribute of node CI type.
Values of applications are coming from ApplicationServer CI type.

For example if ServerA has value che3650 and ServerB has value che3651 and values of applications are,

Master Data Management Server
Business Process Manager

how can I write my enrichment rule.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI Ramesh,

are the servers linked to ApplicationServer type? How can you know that server che3650  is linked to ApplicationA and what do you want to do with your knowledge?

Still not clear why do you need Regular Expressions. If you have all the relevant links, just take the attribute from the application and write it on the server attribute.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.