Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

genericDBAdapter - 10.20 developer reference guide

I'm trying to setup the genericDBAdapter with pull/population - advanced mode.
Unfortunatly I can only get it to/i'm limited to:
1. import the machine the first time (where it is not known to the UCMDB)

And I cannot:
1. no updates for the imported CI's
2. Can only import ID/Name and no additional attributes - although both the TQL (has used specific attributes due to the documentations "calculation" is only available to enrichment and impact) is created and orm is mapping the attributes
3. When I import the package the status report says "adapterCode/GroovyExampleTransformer.groovy - Package deploy error: Adapter "" doesn't exist.

All in all after a weeks work I cannot get the adapter to fully work (I have tried the support with no luck, now I hope you can help me). I'm missing some parameters I guess, i will add the adapter code/package.
Do you have a working example I can use - and build from that?

updated the package - it was the wrong TQL (not including the discovered_model, still does not work though)

Best

Daniel

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: genericDBAdapter - 10.20 developer reference guide

Good day Daniel,

Thank you for share this question with us.

I have downloaded the package and tried to deploy it in one of my labs. I got the same error.

Then i found this on the guide:

2. Write a Groovy (script based) converter
An example is found in the original GDBA package, GroovyExampleTransformer.groovy.
a. Create a Groovy file in the adapter’s package (under adapterCode\<Adapter ID>). You can do
this directly using the Adapter Management menu

I noticed you had the groovy file on adapterCode folder. So, i cutted and pasted the .groovy file under adapterCode\MDSPD_master_data_source_pull_database and tried to deploy it again and this time it was successfully deployed 🙂

So, try it again with the package attached which has the modification and let me know the results.

Best regards,

Hugo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Daniel;

Here's a short 'tutorial' for GDBA I wrote for simple use-cases.  It should help you out a bit getting a basic integration going.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I tried the GDBA.pdf - it seems like it was used for an old version (prior 9?) anyways, it would not import the integration due to missing adapter - i tried to remove the code that was inserted in "adapterTemplates" and then it would implement.

The data would then not be populated, and i'm at a worse situation...

with the one I uploaded I was able to populate a node (with only one attrbute!).

But i'm still stuck there

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

it implements the adapter with no error, so 1 step solved, thank you 🙂 missing 2 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.