hardware board serial number for network devices from NNMi to am
we have NNMI-->UCMDB--> Asset Manager. During the AM node push from UCMDB to AM, the serial number in the root is pushed to the serial number in amcomputer. However, for the NNMi discovered network devices like routers, switches, the serial number is blank in the root type. The serial number is available in the hardware board ci type in UCMDB.
1. I can see the serial number in the hardware board. In which table in the db is this?
2. how to map this through the adaptor to get this to a new custom field in the extansioncard?
<for-each-source-entity count-index="i" source-entities="Root.Hardware_Board">
<target_mapping datatype="INTEGER" ignore-on-null="true" is-valid="AMPush.ENABLE_PUSH_MT" name="lTenantId" value="vTenantId"/>
<target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="serialno" value="AMPush.getCardName(Root.Hardware_Board[i]['serial_number'])"/
1. how can I populate this to the amcomputer serial number.
The question is that we have a serial number based reconciliation in asset manager.
Re: hardware board serial number for network devices from NNMi to am
This scenario may require a proper documentation therefore a support ticket is recommended.You should also post this request to NNM and AM forums.
From ucmdb here are the answers:
1. ideally nnmi should send the serial number to the node CIs if the SN represents the router serial number. Submitting a support ticket at least for an ER is a good idea
2. if the hardware board is also pushed to ucmdb you can create an enrichment to populate the hardwareboard SN to the node SN. Note that in ucmdb the serial_number is an identification attribute. So make sure you will not trigger unwanted merges
3. in ucmdb the table of the hardware is cdm_hardware_board_1
4. regarding the mapping it is achievable. However is recommended to get AM engineers feedback. The AM push adapter is owned by the AM team.
Hope it helps.