Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

hardware board serial number for network devices from NNMi to am

we have NNMI-->UCMDB--> Asset Manager. During the AM node push from UCMDB to AM, the serial number in the root is pushed to the serial number in amcomputer. However, for the NNMi discovered network devices like routers, switches, the serial number is blank in the root type. The serial number is available in the hardware board ci type in UCMDB.

1. I can see the serial number in the hardware board. In which table in the db is this?

2. how to map this through the adaptor to get this to a new custom field in the extansioncard?

<for-each-source-entity count-index="i" source-entities="Root.Hardware_Board">

<target_entity name="ExtensionCards">

<target_mapping datatype="INTEGER" ignore-on-null="true" is-valid="AMPush.ENABLE_PUSH_MT" name="lTenantId" value="vTenantId"/>

<target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="serialno" value="AMPush.getCardName(Root.Hardware_Board[i]['serial_number'])"/

1. how can I populate this to the amcomputer serial number.

The question is that we have a serial number based reconciliation in asset manager.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: hardware board serial number for network devices from NNMi to am

Dears,

Can anyone support with this query please.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: hardware board serial number for network devices from NNMi to am

Hello,

This scenario may require a proper documentation therefore a support ticket is recommended.You should also post this request to NNM and AM forums.

From ucmdb here are the answers:

1. ideally nnmi should send the serial number to the node CIs if the SN represents the router serial number. Submitting a support ticket at least for an ER is a good idea

2. if the hardware board is also pushed to ucmdb you can create an enrichment to populate the hardwareboard SN to the node SN. Note that in ucmdb the serial_number is an identification attribute. So make sure you will not trigger unwanted merges

3. in ucmdb the table of the hardware  is cdm_hardware_board_1

4. regarding the mapping it is achievable. However is recommended to get AM engineers feedback. The AM push adapter is owned by the AM team.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Gabi Medan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.