Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

how to search on global id

Is there a way to search on a global id?  At one point I thought I saw a reference to a JMX method.  I have a view which contains a node CI which does not appear to exist.  If I search for the hostname (Display name) it isn't found.  I suspect there is an issue with a relationship or cardinality rule in my view.  However I need to figure out where this CI is coming from and hopefully the global id can help.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Theoretically you can do it in Browser with Advanced Search if you change the Indexer and parser configurations to include this attribute like described here https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/11.0/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/admin/UCMDBBrowser_t_useCustomAttributesInSearch.htm

If that UCMDB instance where you are searching is the Global ID generator then the cmdbID will be the same as the GlobalID so you can search by it.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.