Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

i have exported .JKS file and need to setup SSL on ucmdb server

I downloaded the ssl certificate as .jks file. how to deploy ssl it in application server.

• the file name is USNJ01APP452.jks

keytool -genkey -alias USNJ01APP452 -validity 365 -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -keystore D:\UCMDB\UCMDBSERVER\conf\security\server.keystore

but command failed with "file not found"

how to deploy certificate from .jks file? is it possible? which format the file should be exported?

kindly provide your immediate help. the certificate is expiring in 2 days..

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: i have exported .JKS file and need to setup SSL on ucmdb server

Immediate help coming! All these commands are standard java keystore ones and have nothing specific for UCMDB. you can find the answers everywhere in Internet. I suggest you to find somebody around you aware with the public private key cryptography. In this case you are missing "-file" attribute with the name of the file after that. and it should be import, not genkey. And the certificate has to be signed by CA.

Likes are appreciated!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: i have exported .JKS file and need to setup SSL on ucmdb server

I don't quite understand what you are doing.  Where did you get the file USNJ01APP452.jks that has a certificate?  Your keytool command seems to be correct to generate a keystore.  You then need to run keytool with -certreq -keystore <keystore created in your keytool command to generate a certificate request and send it off to a certificate authority to return a key chain.  That chain is imported into the keystore.  You will also need a truststore, which might be your USNJ01APP452.jks.  You then copy the keystore into server.keystore and the truststore into server.trustore in conf\security.

You don't mention what UCMDB version.  If your keystore and truststore don't match the default password in version 2019.05 UCMDB won't start.  The installation asks for the values, but in my experience the values weren't applied.  You will need to run another command to change the values.  The sequence is beyond the scope at this point.  I would set the passwords to be the UCMDB default and then move forward.

Mel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.