Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

import from csv: connection failed

We are trying to put up a csv import in place to populate data in ucmdb.

Problem:

Connection fails. We do not have universal discovery enabled. In other cases, we use SSH/NTCMD to establish connection with the data flow probe(file is placed in data flow probe). However, because of no discovery in place I am not sure how the connection works.

I also see that for jython adapters, test connection is not mandatory but it still fails everytime.

Can someone be able to suggest changes?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: import from csv: connection failed

You need discovery of the server, where the file is placed. Basically you have to use Host Connection by Shell to discover your probe server. Once you have  the shell, you can give it as a trigger CI. Then the code of the csv adapter connects to the server through the protocol defined on the shell and extracts the data.

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Yes, I understand.

But as mentioned before, we dont have universal discover enabled which is why I am clueless.

Any suggestions around it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can always enable Host Connection By Shell for one IP only. 

Likes are appreciated!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Yes. But how should I enable it without having univer sal discovery module in data flow management?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That means that you have a license problem and the Universal Discovery module is hidden from the left menu.
You should address this first.
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Well, we don't use discovery at all and only use CONNECT-IT to get data from external applications. That explains why there is no need for license for discovery.

Does that mean that import from csv is not possible unless universal discovery is put in place?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Good question.
I never used this adapter without discovery.
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.