Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

inquiries on DDMA and NAT Firewall

Jump to solution

Hello

Who can help me on the following questions:

1. Can I still use NAT between UCMDB and probe?

2. The probe in NAT uses the translated address or actual IP to communicate with target server?

3. what's the jetty port for?

Thanks

Shelly

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Shelly;

Officially, this is not supported, but I have heard of it being done by putting probes into the NAT areas of the network (not on the same side of the NAT firewall as the UCMDB server) and having separate domains (UCMDB probe domains) for each NAT area so that IP addresses aren't duplicated.  The probe in the NAT would be on the same side of the firewall as the target server, so it would use the address that is local to both to communicate with the server (otherwise this wouldn't work).  The jetty port is used to communicate with the UCMDB server.  The probe needs to be able to get credentials and job information from the UCMDB server.

Hope this helps.  FYI, I have sent an email to our product team asking for a specific support statement regarding this issue.

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Shelly;

Officially, this is not supported, but I have heard of it being done by putting probes into the NAT areas of the network (not on the same side of the NAT firewall as the UCMDB server) and having separate domains (UCMDB probe domains) for each NAT area so that IP addresses aren't duplicated.  The probe in the NAT would be on the same side of the firewall as the target server, so it would use the address that is local to both to communicate with the server (otherwise this wouldn't work).  The jetty port is used to communicate with the UCMDB server.  The probe needs to be able to get credentials and job information from the UCMDB server.

Hope this helps.  FYI, I have sent an email to our product team asking for a specific support statement regarding this issue.

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Keith,thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your additional effort on this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Keith

I'm somewhat interested in this topic as well. I've setup a UCMDB 9.04 CUPS 5 and probe with a firewall between them, and only 8080 and 8443 enabled both ways, and it appears that the discovery job I tested can run fine. Under what circumstances would the jetty port be required then? From my understanding, the jetty ports would be 8090 and 8453.

Thanks

Ang

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.