Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

its not possible to open ucmdb with Internet explorer - This page cant be displayed

Hi,

Only is possible open with Mozilla, when open in IE the message is: This page cannot be displayed (attachment image)ucmdbPAge.jpg

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: its not possible to open ucmdb with Internet explorer - This page cant be displayed

Can you use the Local client? If yes then avoid using IE.
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/CMS-UCMDB-and-UD-User/The-new-UI-local-client-has-been-released/m-p/1647835

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: its not possible to open ucmdb with Internet explorer - This page cant be displayed

Hi Johnc3,

no is possible, the client required open ucmdb from Internet Explorer.

Version ucmdb: 10.33

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Using the local client will determine if there is a network issue or if the UI can be opened using a controlled version of JRE, the one which is shipped with the Local client.

I would check the IE version if it's still supported, the types of SSL certificates that are allowed and so on. It may be just a problem on IE side which isn't aware of what UCMDB uses.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi John,

It has been satisfactory to work with the client and it is clear that the problem is not from the UCMDB.
However, I still have doubts as to how the local client can determine if there is a network issue or if the UI can be opened with a controlled version of JRE, the one that is shipped with the Local client. I would check the IE version if it's still supported, the types of SSL certificates that are allowed and so on. 

the problem with IE is still present.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I am also having this issue. The local host will not allow this either both are getting a Page Loading in Process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi tslane,

I think your problem is different, do you still have it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The ciphers are configurable in the SSL/TLS configuration, but it require some knowledge on how the HTTPS works, which ciphers are enabled, what InternetExplorer and Windows version you use. You may need to use Wireshark traffic analyzer to dump the SSL communication and to see how the encryption is negitiated and where it fails.

There are three options to resolve the issue:

1. Enable bad ciphers on IE. This is done through registry.

2. Configure ciphers supported by IE - this is done in UCMDB\UCMDBServer\bin\jre\lib\security\java.security file

3. Upgrade to latest version, where the ciphers are enabled properly. 

Or of cource somebody from support can give you the answer, but probably you have to raise a support ticket.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Petko,
The problem occurs on the server that hosts UCMDB Server.
IE: 11 Version: 11.0.9600.18894 Update Versions: 11.0.50
Windows Server 2012 R2

I have requested to disable the antivirus to be able to use the Wireshark traffic analyzer, however the client insists that it can cause problems !!!
// On purpose of this, is it useful to have an antivirus in the UCMDB Server? It may seem like a silly question, but if we look at it in the background, it is not //

Regarding your options:
1. Enable bad ciphers on IE. This is done through registry. (can you tell me what is the option in regedit?)

3. Upgrade to latest version, where the ciphers are enabled properly. (You mean the IE version I suppose)

Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.