Highlighted
New Member.

license discovery

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

I have to discover the license of a computer with attributes like expiry date and all.

can anyone help me on this please..

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Prasad

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: license discovery

Jump to solution

Hi Sakthi ,Prasad ,

Just to add further points If you are looking for Oracle LMS then HP uCMDB with UD is the preferred and acknowledge tool from ORACLE as well .

If you are bound to maintain Licences of Different vendor as contracts Then Answer would be Using SAM Module and Contracts Module from HP Asset Manager which further can be enhanced with UD DDMi Capability and integrate with Asset Manager and Map dependent Devices as well this will give you a robust but close to accurate results but only catch is we need UCMDB 10.xx to have DDMi (agent based Discovery Capability )

Above suggestion is just an approach there are tons of materials available in Support.openview.hp.com which i would recommend you to check .

Cheers 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Prasad,

Can you be bit more specific? When you say license of computer... are you trying to say the license key and expiration at an application level?

We cant get the license key/expiration for an application through the standard discovery processes.

Thanks

Sakthi.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Sakthi,

thank you for your reply.. My requirement is, I have to discover the License expiry date and configure alert by integrating with other tools..

can you help me on this.. if possible can you share me the supporting document please..

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Prasad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I would say the licenses should be managed separately. Because the license and the expiry date will be coming along with your contracts with the software vendors. Wherever you are managing software contracts, you need to manage licenses in those systems and get the alert triggered from there.

Because for different applications, the license expiry algorithm happens in different ways. May be some experts here can see if there is solution. What UCMDB gets you is the data to get the compliance with your licenses.

What is the Asset Management solution you are using? or Contracts management?

Thanks

Sakthi

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Sakthi,

Thanks for your reply.. we have Software Asset Management in our setup.

Thanks,

Prasad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi Sakthi ,Prasad ,

Just to add further points If you are looking for Oracle LMS then HP uCMDB with UD is the preferred and acknowledge tool from ORACLE as well .

If you are bound to maintain Licences of Different vendor as contracts Then Answer would be Using SAM Module and Contracts Module from HP Asset Manager which further can be enhanced with UD DDMi Capability and integrate with Asset Manager and Map dependent Devices as well this will give you a robust but close to accurate results but only catch is we need UCMDB 10.xx to have DDMi (agent based Discovery Capability )

Above suggestion is just an approach there are tons of materials available in Support.openview.hp.com which i would recommend you to check .

Cheers 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi @PYALCARI

Consultant13 is spot on in regards to uCMDB with UD and Oracle. It's a great tool for collecting and managing data regarding you software/infrastructure configuration. Here is the main HP page for uCMDB. There are links to different data sheets and case studies that provide some wonderful information on the tool. Also, this page covers the Asset Manager tool that mentioned previously. Don't hesitate to contact me should you require additional information regarding the tools. I'll be more than happy to assist!

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.