Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

monitor scheduled jobs (reports, enrichment rules, integrations, etc)

Is it possible to obtain the status of scheduled jobs?

I have scheduled enrichment rules in uCMDB and integration jobs that push/pull data from uCMDB to BSM.

This activity is part of a larger automation effort for which we want to setup monitoring from other tools, i.e. SiteScope, so we can ensure that all parts of the process are completed successfully.

Occasionally, enrichment rules don't run (too many CIs or other issues), or integration jobs fail. How can we obtain that status information from SiteScope so that we can generate appropriate alerts?

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: monitor scheduled jobs (reports, enrichment rules, integrations, etc)

For an enrichment, you will see something in the cmdb.enrichment.log like this if it fails:

2016-01-26 09:07:05,410 [Enrichment Calculator Task-29896] ERROR appender.updateObjectsAndLinks2Model(809) - Enrichment remove if questions failed during Data-In operation. Moving to next bulk  

For an integration job, on the target you may see errors in the cmdb.reconciliation.audit.log which note bulk failures, or you could look at the fcmdb logs on the probe performing the integration point.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: monitor scheduled jobs (reports, enrichment rules, integrations, etc)

Thanks.

I was hoping for something more straightforward providing a clear "success" or "failure" indicator.

For example, I'm looking at the enrichment log and there's no mention of the job name or enrichment rule -- so I'd have to assume that the enrichment rule was successful (or doesn't exist, or the monitor was misconfigured]. Which isn't the type of positive/negative feedback I'm looking to advise of status of a mission critical process.

I see mention of the rule in other logs, but it is unclear what the status is.

Is there a status in a database table somewhere that I can query?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.