Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

package deployment error

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am facing the following problem:

I have build a package which contains some views, queries, users, user groups, etc. from my production uCMDB and i tried to deploy it to my development uCMDB.

I got the following Error in cmdb.operation.log:

[ErrorCode [110008] URM validation error occured after put/remove operations]

URM transaction validation error: The resource key: {{HLX_Win2012},Topology_TQL} is referenced from resource: {{HLX_Win2012},Topology_VIEW} but isn't exist in the URM!!

Can someone explain what exactly went wrong???

Thank you in advance,

Costas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: package deployment error

Jump to solution

Hello Costas,

this is somehow a known error. In your package you have various resources that have other resources as dependencies. A view has behind it a TQL which uses classees and type definitions. If you first want to deploy the view and after that the TQL then it will fail as the TQL is not yet deployed.

Try to split the package in smaller ones so you will deploy the resources in the correct order.

You can submit an ER to have some prioritization on the package resource deployment order 

Each package (the zip file) has several directories. Each directory corresponds to a URM subsystem (you can check the in JMX). There is no order between subsystem deployment.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Costas,

this is somehow a known error. In your package you have various resources that have other resources as dependencies. A view has behind it a TQL which uses classees and type definitions. If you first want to deploy the view and after that the TQL then it will fail as the TQL is not yet deployed.

Try to split the package in smaller ones so you will deploy the resources in the correct order.

You can submit an ER to have some prioritization on the package resource deployment order 

Each package (the zip file) has several directories. Each directory corresponds to a URM subsystem (you can check the in JMX). There is no order between subsystem deployment.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Bogdan,

OK, I see.

It makes sence first to deploy user groups and then users, or first to deploy queries and then views.

Nevertheless, is there any kind of documentation which describes in what order exactly we should deploy the various types of resources in order to avoid mistakes?

Regards,

Costas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Costas,

unfortunately no, nobody opened an ER to have a priority on the subsystem deployment. 

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Bogdan,

if it is so, maybe i should make the first step!

Anyway,  you have been more than helpful and thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Costas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

No problem, anytime. Please proceed in being a pioneer in this area, I was expecting that someone should flag this at one point especially as we are trying to provide more migration tools.

If this was helpful please do mark the thread as resolved.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.