Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

parameters in DataFlowProbe.properties

We need to have more information about the following parameters in DataFlowProbe.properties.
appilog.collectors.snmp.snmpmethod=getnext
appilog.collectors.snmp.backupsnmpmethod=walk
appilog.collectors.snmp.snmpbulksize=100
appilog.collectors.snmp.moonwalksleep=50
appilog.collectors.snmp.moonwalkbulksize=100
appilog.collectors.snmp.invaliddescription=loopback,vmware,wireless,bluetooth,firewire
appilog.collectors.snmp.maxsessions=200

When we change the
appilog.collectors.snmp.moonwalksleep parameter, it seems to have an impact of reducing some big requests from 700 seconds to 30 seconds. The results seems to be OK.

we would like to know how to tune it, because all SNMP discoveries are stuck since the 10.01 update.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: parameters in DataFlowProbe.properties

Hello Qingc,

THere was a case where on the earlier version where "HC by SNMP is taking unexpectedly long to run MIBs" there were nodes with more than 1000 interfaces.

On that case the customer edited DiscoveryProbe.properties and changing the following two parameters:

appilog.collectors.snmp.moonwalksleep=50 to 5                

appilog.collectors.snmp.moonwalkbulksize=100 to 1000

You could test those values.

I am sending an email to the engineer that worked with this case and see if we can get more details on the DataFlowProbe snmp parameters.

I'll let you know when I get responses.

Best Regards,

Juan Calderon

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: parameters in DataFlowProbe.properties

All those are parameters of agent we are using for SNMP discovery.

In my opinion, the most important part is to find an answer why "all SNMP discoveries are stuck since the 10.01 update".

If you found that it was change on the parameters you mentioned, please let us know.

Otherwise, I'd ask you to open support case and give us chance to help you. 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.