Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

proactively monitor uCMDB9 server

Hi,

Please let me know the parameter needs to be monitor in uCMDB 9.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

Regards,
hp4u
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: proactively monitor uCMDB9 server

There is no specific things which we can suggest , but here are the few best practice.

1. ucmdb server application process, check for the high cpu utilization and memory utilization.

2. check for the out of memory issue in the logfile , in specific to error.log

Assuming you would like monitor the health of ucmdb application.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks bravi,

Yes,I want to monitor the health of ucmdb application.

Any specific log file/servises/process based on experience.

Regards,
hp4u
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

One specific log file would be error.log, this is the place you see all the ucmdb logs will be logged.

But you can only look for OutOfMemory error message.

ucmdb_service running in the server, you can check for this.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I would monitor the state of the server(s), in case you have a high available setup I'd monitor the UCMDB server status page to see which is primary. Further I'd monitor the slow.log file, which shows the amount of time spent on things like CMDB updates and reconciliation. The amount of logged users is also interesting, but I don't know where to find out about that.

Also I'd put a number of monitors on the probe logs (wrapperprobegw and probe-error logs), networking (latency) and database (read/write IO, space, errors) side of things. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.