Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Datain general error" when creating an Asset CI. Works on other UCMDB instances

Good morning,

I've been wrestling with a problem ibn our development environment involving the creation of an Asset CI via the UCMDB User Interface.  This works fine on other instances.

The Asset CI requires only the AssetTag attribute. WHen I provide this and attempt to create a CI instance of Asset I receive the following text in an Error Dialog box:

"Datain general error"

When I check the UCMDB reconciliation error log I find:

Caused by: com.mercury.jdbc.oraclebase.ddc: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00904: "A_HP_ENVRMT_TYPE_NM": invalid identifier

When I use Toad to login into the Oracle database/schema instance, I check the CDM_ASSET_1 table and find that Column Name "A_HP_ENVRMT_TYPE_NM" alling Nulls of datatype VARCHAR(50 byte) exists having a default value of "Pending".

I compare this information against our working instance and I find they are identical.

So...I am wondering if somehow things got sideways and now I have to run some sort of "reallign class model" JMX command or perform a complete reinstall with a new Oracle database.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "Datain general error" when creating an Asset CI. Works on other UCMDB instances

Hello, Can you show what's the definition of the attribute (attr. type) is? It looks like the problem is with the definition itself. Additionally, can you check the error.log for messages on the timestamp when the problem happened? Regards, Alex
mail: alexander.arkhireyev@gmail.com
LinkedIn
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.