Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

reconciliation does not seem to work ok for some CI types.

Hello there,

i see some strange behavior on my 10.22 cup 6 cp 22 (yeah, quite old one). There's an integration we push from one ucmdb to another one, and in the second one i see bunch of duplicate CIs of some types. For example, IPs are ok, nodes are ok, but filesystem and cpu are not. The rules are like OOB, but the filesystems with the same mountpoint, CPUs with the same cpuid and same container are much affected. I even checked the duplicates in the database by the very concrete queries - the duplicates are there! But if i try to add one more filesystem linked to the same root in IT univerce - it fails, saying 'data already exists', so this kind of data-in is ok. I purged the exeption table in JMX just in case, rebooted for sure, but it still tekes place. Going to try 'newdbtool', and created an enrichment to purge the bad stuff, BUT i can't understand what is not ok with the engine! The reconciliation log in standard loglevel and error.log don't capture the errors at that time. 

Any ideas? Maybe some known issue for 10.22?

Thanks,

Dima

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: reconciliation does not seem to work ok for some CI types.

Hi Dima,

We are still on 10.22 CUP6 and doing tonns of syncs between instances almost every day. No OTTB problems like this tracked.

Check that reconciliation rules are in sync between systems, especially for CITs with the problems.

If you planing to sync between two UCMDBs in a frequent manner, I would suggest considering setting  Global ID sync between instances. It's available on 10.2X as well.

http://cmshelpcenter.saas.hp.com/CMS/10.30/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/dfm/multi_cmdbs_t_config_global_id_gen.htm

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: reconciliation does not seem to work ok for some CI types.

Thanks a lot Dmitry, unfortunately in this environment the ID sync can not be done...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.