Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

scan file location on destination machine

Hi,

i am trying to do scanner based discovery by manually running scanner on remote machinne.

But unable to find where the completed scan file gets stored so thather  same file can be imported to data flow probe to view the scan files with innventory tools.

Please let me know where the scan file locally get stored and can  I read the scan file by importing to data flow probe machine manually.?

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: scan file location on destination machine

Hi Nick,

By default local scan file will be saved on Windows in <AllUsersProfileDataDir>\Hewlett-Packard\Universal-Discovery, which on recent versions of Windows is usually C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\Universal-Discovery. On UNIX  it will be saved in the $HOME/.discagnt directory.

Please note that in general, if you want to use the scanners in the Manual deployment mode, you need to configure the scanner to save the offsite scan file  to the following URL:

Whether it is http or https depends on how the probe is configured.

Regards,
Irina
“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted

You can find more details regarding off-site scan file saving on p. 355 of the Data Flow Management Guide

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00245427.

Regards,

Irina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thnaks for the reply. But  I have below doubt.

scan file should be available in c:\programdata\universal discovery folder but it was not getting saved as per local file destination. Also searched for   "local$.xsf " scan file but same was not available.

Finally I changed path from scan file saving options and saved at new location and copied the scan file  to data flow probe runtime\xmlenricher folder.

Please let me know where to place the scan file i mean which folder. For incoming scan file folder is  xmlenricher\Scans\incominng  as per pdf but there is no such folder available under xmlenricher folder.

Please suggest.

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Nick,

Please note that local.xsf file is a hidden file, so your Windows Explorer might be configured to hide hidden files (which is a default).

On the Probe there should be a path like this:

C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\xmlenricher\Scans\incoming.

This is the place where the offsite scan file will be placed, please note that you do not have to copy the scan file manually as it will be saved there automatically.

Regards,

Irina

“HP Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I  also noticed that scan file gets copied to data flow probe without agent or ntscmd /shell protocol . Could you explainn how it takes place through wihich protocol is used to transfer the scan file??

with regards

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Nick,

This is only done for the manual deployment mode. It uses the protocol specified in the offsite scan saving location.

By default the probe shares the incoming directory of the XML Enricher over http or https protocol.

Regards,

Irina

“HP Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.