Absent Member.. wvandervliet Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ssh credential error

HP uCMDB 9.05

Patch CUP2

ContentPack CP10_update2

Discovery method SSH

I am getting the following error when I try to discovery via SSH:

java.lang.Exception: Traceback (innermost last):

File "<string>", line 2, in ?

File "CheckCred", line 597, in DiscoveryMain

AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'getProtocolName

SSH Configuration:

Portnumber:22

Connection-timeout

Version SSH2

Vertificationmethod: publickey

username: getucmdb

keyfile: c:\hpucmdb\dataflowprobe\key\rsakey.ppk

When I test the RSA key with mindterm it is working correctly.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Rutger Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: ssh credential error

Heard from a collegue today something about incompatibility of PuttyGen generated keypairs and uCMDB probe, which expects mindterm generated pairs. Does this help?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. wvandervliet Absent Member..
Absent Member..

When I open mindterm and select the related ppk file it is working without any problem.

Only when I let it scan by ucmdb it occurs problems.

@Rutger wrote:

Heard from a collegue today something about incompatibility of PuttyGen generated keypairs and uCMDB probe, which expects mindterm generated pairs. Does this help?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Ok, sorry, last reply was a quick one because I was in a hurry.

I'll try to replicate the issue.

Did you generate the keypair yourself?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I see the key you use is a ppk file. That means the key was generated with PuttyGen.

Can you try generating a new key pair using MindTerm and put the public key on the box you're discovering?

Use settings: key type = RSA (ssh2), length = 2048, OpenSSH.pub format = checked.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Have you been able to test? Did you get any further?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Hi there, it's me again. You are not responding to my previous replies, so probably the problem is still there and unrelated to what I suggested? New insight: did you check the wrapperlog on the probe? Is the probe communicating ok with the server? Is it able to retrieve credentials? I happened upon a problem that was caused by the encryption keys not matching up. Could you check?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.