Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

uCMDB 10.01 is slow starting, What files are being updated when starting

When starting uCMDB 10.01 for the first time each day.  It seems uCMDB is slow.  What files are being updated and can this process be shortened.  

Will there be any loss of data or other issues when modifying the startup process.  

Can I speed up the Java process?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: uCMDB 10.01 is slow starting, What files are being updated when starting

Hi,

When you're saying " starting uCMDB 10.01", I guess you mentioning client running in browser. Please confirm.

Are you running the client on virtual box?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have read a couple of forums related to slow performance of UCMDB.

I am also experiencing slow performance with UCMDB, I am not sure if it is the GUI or the server, I am hoping you can assit me and shed some light on this.

Summary of my slow performance issues when using UCMDB via IE 8.

* Running reports or views, generally they take at least upto 3min to load.

* Clicking between modules

* Loading of UCMDB

I read a forum article which talked about increasing the RAM for JAVA on the client side (my laptop) I increaed it to allocate 2GB, but this didnt change anything the performance was still slow.

Specs of my Laptop

Dell Lattitue E6630

i5-3380 @2.90ghz

8GB RAM

Windows 7 OS

Specs of our UCMDB server

VMWARE Virtual

Intel Xeon X5675 3.06 (4 processors)

16GB RAM

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

I would appreciate you assitance and thoughts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

SamuelLittle,

I'm sorry, but my very long response was eaten by a session failure by the support forum server failure. I do not have time to retype it this morning. So not helpful, I know. But HP... come on. Can we please move these support forums into 2014?

Erik

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

SamuelLittle,

Here is a file we compiled with the most common changes. My previous post was eaten, so the details about various logs and places to determine where "slow" experience is coming from will have to get re-written.

A few things that would be helpful:

1. Are you the only user in this instance of UCMDB?

2. How many CI's are in the UCMDB?

3. How old is the installation (in terms of months?)

4. Do you have access to the runtime\logs folder on the UCMDB server?

As I would have explained in my last post in more detail, the UCMDB GUI is a classic Java Applet. It operates as a client-server to the UCMDB. If your browser is locked down with security, and you can't add the UCMDB to trusted sites, or you have excessive anti-virus or run time malware scanning active, the Applet will run very slow and be unresponsive. We need to separate any client issue from the server side issue. As I tried to explain before the post was lost, the UCMDB application is a very complex n-tier system with many moving parts.

The document I have attached touches on tuning the applet and java, the interal UCMDB fuses and infrastructure settings on how various tiers of the system interoperate. If you're new and you're responsible for administering the server, you shouldn't do this without direct support from HP or someone who can help you solve the issues.

Take heart though, UCMDB is incredibly stable and fast - once you have it set up properly and if you can avoid doing things to it uintentionally that overwhelm a fuse setting or queue limit. Almost every "slow" issue is unintentionally low fuse settings running into problems with intentional use of the system. In other words, poor performance is usually a sign of you using the tool properly and the out of the box configuration operating as designed.

Erik

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>my very long response was eaten by a session failure by the support forum server failure.

Have you clicked on your name to see if it's under Autosaved Drafts?

I also use firefox and textarea cache and that's saved me several times.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.