Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

uCMDB 10.01 merging CIs

Hello.

We are using uCMDB 10.01.CUP10 build: 708.

There is very useful method data_mergeCIs which is aviable only to the admin user.

It's not available to the sysadmin or any other user.  

Is it a bug? Or is there an option to turn on data_mergeCIs method to another user?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: uCMDB 10.01 merging CIs

Hi,
are you reffering to mergeCIs from the Reconciliation Services?

Thanks,
Florin
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, where is this data_mergeCIs method defined? The only references I see are the mergeCIs method in the JMX console and the Merge CIs method in the right click menu when selecting multiple CIs in any UCMDB discovered elements instance list.

Anyhow, I don't see the method in the CI actions you can assign using the Role Manager, so yeah, it must indeed be something reserved for the admin user only.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

I mean Merge CIs method in the right click menu when selecting multiple CIs.

Thanks,
Marat.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Is there any way to assign this method (in the right click menu) to any role without using Role Manager?
For example by JMX if it support or by inserting value to some table in db?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

It is apparently not possible to assign this permission to anyone. Not even the admin can assign it.

Nor is it possible to assign this role through JMX MBean methods or URM assignments.

As for the database approach I'm all ears if there's any way to force this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.