Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

uCMDB 10.01 with JBoss 5.x integration

Hi All

I need some help with uCMDB 10.01 with JBoss 5.x integration.

We are facing issues with uCMDB 10.01 with JBoss 5.x integration using web services. We are using uCMDB Push adapter for web services in order to integrate.

All I need to know is if our understanding is correct that:

1.      Is push adapter of uCMDB the right approach for this integration? Is push adapter the same as web service? (Generally adapter is different from web service if we look into the context of other tools of HP like HP SM). If push adapter is not right approach then what is correct way of doing it?

2.      Can push adapter send single record of CI or only multiple at a time? Or can uCMDB send single CI record to another tool?

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: uCMDB 10.01 with JBoss 5.x integration

Hi,

I don't see how you could integrate uCMDB with JBoss. JBoss is just an application server. Do you mean that you're trying to integrate with an application running on JBoss?

I don't know if push adapter is the right approach. It depends on the scope of integration. Generally push adapter is used for pushing bulks of CIs from uCMDB to external system. It can push single CI - you can define which data to push in TQL.

You should ask yourself what are your requirements. If your external system needs data from uCMDB, than basically you have following options:

1. Push adapter - when you want to push large amounts of data from uCMDB do external system. uCMDB is "in charge" of the integration process, logic and control resieds on uCMDB side.

2. WebServices API - external system can pull data from uCMDB API as needed. This time the external system needs to implement additional logic.

3. Manual integration:) - when you have to exchange single CIs, some times its faster and cheaper to manually create data in external system

regards

Gregory/

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Yes I agree 🙂

Basically I am trying UCMDB 10.01 to  BMC Atrium 8.1 Integration which is not possible OOB as there is adapter available only until Atrium 7.x. Hence we thought of doing it uCMDB<->JBoss 5.x<-> BMC Atrium 8.1 integration using web services.

As uCMDB seems to be sending ONLY multiple CIs we thought of using Push adapter. But I feel uCMDB can send single CI if TQL is modified. Then i think we will NOT need Push adapter.

1) How to modify TQL to send single CI only from uCMDB?

2) what is the optimum way of doing uCMDB<-> BMC Atrium 8.1 integration (via webservices as OOB as there is NO adapter available)? is our approach mentioned above as uCMDB<->JBoss 5.x<-> BMC Atrium 8.1 the right one? If yes, then which OOB uCMDB web service method needs to be used?

Thanks very much,

KK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

uCMDB can send single CI by using push adapter. Push adapter for Atrium uses TQLs in folder "Integration -> Atrium".

You should check if existing adapters in latest CP meet your requirements. If not you could either raise ER to HP, or develop your own integration. However using JBoss between uCMDB and Atrium feels like too much overhead, since both CMDBs offer quite flexible APIs. Personally I would start with OOTB uCMDB adapters and modify them to meet my needs.

regards

Gregory/

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Dear Gregory,

Our requirement is that uCMDB and Atrium must have reflection of each other at any point of time ie., they must be in sync. Thus any new CI creation or update from one end must reach the other tool immediately.

We are facing issue extracting a single CI record from TQL.

Also need to know if OOB web serrvices push adapter is the right approach?

Thanks,

KK

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.