Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

uCMDB 10.20 Browser CI Type Access Control Issue

Jump to solution

Hello,

Just wanted to pass along an important Browser CI access control issue that I noticed. I did not submit a support request as one already exists (see below). I've tried limiting a role using just one view or just one CI type, but in both cases, the user could see more CI types than I would prefer. For example, granting the Oracle database CI type allows the user to see the ConfigurationDocument CI Type and init.ora which is unacceptable.

This really needs to be fixed quickly as I'm concerned our viewers will see/export more information than allowed.
Can anyone confirm if this problem appears with the 4.01 Browser patch?

uCMDB 10.20.480
UD Content Pack 15.00.123
Browser 4.00.129

Referenced Support Ticket

Title : CI Access Control does not restrict access to CI Types properly
Document ID : QCCR1H97873
Product - Version: universal cmdb (application mapping) 9.00 ;
Updated : 2015-Apr-20
Classification : Known Problem
Workflow Status : investigation
In Plan : Under Review
Submitted : 2015-Jan-27

This issue is regarding the CI Access Control feature. It's not working as expected. If for example, the view access is only granted to hosts, you only expect to be able to view hosts in ucmdb browser. It turns that you are able to view other types of CI as well such as IPs.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: uCMDB 10.20 Browser CI Type Access Control Issue

Jump to solution

Hello Matthew ,

I hope you are doing well .

I confirmed that the status of this QCCR is in progress and it will be added in the future versions .

You may receive all the information about this process :Please click  » Register to receive e-mail notifications .

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: uCMDB 10.20 Browser CI Type Access Control Issue

Jump to solution

Hello Matthew ,

I hope you are doing well .

I confirmed that the status of this QCCR is in progress and it will be added in the future versions .

You may receive all the information about this process :Please click  » Register to receive e-mail notifications .

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.