Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

uCMDB 10.22 - AM Pushback links deleting records

Hello,

I am trying to get the uCDMB to AM Pushback in the AMGenericAdapter to not do anything to the Network Card records associated with all Portfolio records in Asset Manager. The file is AM Node Push.xml.

This pushback is something new we are trying to implement, so we want to only push over certain data. The Network Card records already have data in them with both the out-of-box and custom fields.

<for-each-source-entity count-index="i" source-entities="Root.Interface">
                    <target_entity name="NetworkCards">
                        <variable datatype="STRING" name="ucmdbId" value="Root.Interface[i]['cmdb_id']"/>
                        <variable datatype="STRING" name="globalId" value="Root.Interface[i]['global_id']"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="INTEGER" name="lTenantId" ignore-on-null="true" is-valid="AMPush.ENABLE_PUSH_MT" value="vTenantId"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="GlobalId" ignore-on-null="true" is-valid="AMPush.useGlobalId()" value="globalId"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="BOOLEAN" name="bDHCPEnabled" value="AMPush.fIsContainList(Root.Interface[i].ip_address_inter*.getAt('ip_address_property'), 'dhcp')"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="DefaultGateway" value="Root['default_gateway_ip_address']"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="Description" value="AMPush.getInterfaceDescription(Root.Interface[i]['interface_description'], AMPush.UNKNOWN)"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="DNSSuffixes" value="AMPush.getDNSSuffix(Root.Interface[i].ip_address_inter)"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="INTEGER" name="lSeq" value="Root.Interface[i]['interface_index']"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="PhysAddress" value="AMPush.getFirstNotEmpty(Root.Interface[i]['mac_address'],Root.Interface[i]['interface_name'])"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="SubnetMask" value="AMPush.getIpV4SubnetMask(Root.Interface[i].ip_address_inter)"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="IPv6Address" value="AMPush.getFirstIpV6Address(Root.Interface[i].ip_address_inter)"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="IPv6SubnetPrefix" value="AMPush.getIpV6SubnetMask(Root.Interface[i].ip_address_inter)"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="TcpIpAddress" value="AMPush.getFirstIpV4Address(Root.Interface[i].ip_address_inter)"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="Type" value="AMPush.getEnumValueByKey(ClassModel,Root.Interface[i]['interface_type'],'interfaceindex_type_enum')"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="PrimaryWINS" value="Root.Interface[i]['primary_wins']"/>
                        <target_mapping datatype="STRING" name="SecondaryWINS" value="Root.Interface[i]['secondary_wins']"/>
                    </target_entity>
                </for-each-source-entity>

If this entry is kept, then the pushback will end up deleting all Network Cards associated to the Portfolio record, then create new Network Card records. This obviously is not good for the data in the custom fields.

If this entry is removed, then the pushback will end up deleting all Network Cards associated to the Portfolio record.

My goal here is to prevent the current Network Card records from being touched at all. I couldn't find what I need in the documents. Whatever assistance provided is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: uCMDB 10.22 - AM Pushback links deleting records

The am-push-config.xml governs the relationship(s) and behaviors, the mapping files (like "AM Node Push") are only concerned with the data mapping.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.