Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Super Contributor.. Samaadan Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

uCMDB 11X SSO Configuration

SSO configuration talks about supporting standalone Tomcat 5.0.28 and 5.5.20. Does it mean that i would have to install a seperate Tomcat for the SSO to work. uCMDB 11X uses Jetty, how do i reconfigure uCMDB to use Apache as a web front end. Any suggestions \ideas are welcome. 

The actual requirement that is driving this effort is to configure uCMDB to use enterprise sso via Oracle Access manager. OAM comes with an apache plugin and i will be able to attach the usercn to the header while sending the login request to uCMDB. Trying to find out how do i configure uCMDB behind an Apache. Do i set it up as a reverse proxy ..., The documents only talk about configuring CMS UI behing IIS or Apache, I dont see any reference interms of configuring the uCMDB application behind IIS or Apache. Let me know your thoughts. I am installing 2018.11 and CMS UI and uCMDB app are on the same server.

0 Likes
7 Replies
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: uCMDB 11X SSO Configuration

The document talks about configuring Tomcat to support SSO and it refers to the scenario when you are using Tomcat to deploy the UCMDB Browser or New UI in a standalone configuration outside of Jetty.

I never encountered the term "Oracle Access manager" and I doubt that we support it.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Bougdan,

Thanks for the reply, Does it mean that i can only install the CMS UI to work with Apache or IIS and not the application. if you refer to the SSO requirements under https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2018.11/hardening/hard_lwsso_reqs teh docuemnt says it supports with a standalone tomcat. If so how do i make uCMDB application to use Apache as a front tier instead of Jetty or along with Jetty

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

No. We have a strict Support Matrix for a good reason.

The embedded New UI is written differently for the Jetty web server compared to the Tomcat one.
it's not written for anything else.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Bogdan,

I want to put the ucmdb app behind the tomcat not just the browser or CMS UI.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

No, we don't Support runing UCMDB in Tomcat. Only the New UI or legacy Browser.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Bogdan ,

How about configuring it behind an Apache reverse proxy. In that case i would be able to install the plugin on the apache along and attach the header when i redirect. request to uCMDB Will that work.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

We do support using Apache as a reverse proxy for UCMDB. Actually we use it on OMi or BSM if I remember correctly.
I never used Apache reverse proxy with custom SSO. Theoretically it should work. I can't find a clear document which should state that we support it.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.