Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

uCMDB 9.05 - Missing SQL build number attribute

Hello!

We got uCMDB 9:05 with CP 11 & CUP 12
When i run discovery against SQL SERVER, we miss a value that is very important for us
The value is the SQL buildnumber
In the communication log (see below) i can see that the SQL buildnumber is there
But the only value that comes into attribute "Application Version Description" is: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP3
But in the communications log its with the buildnumber: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP3) - 10.0.5500.0 (X64)
Can anyone help me how to get the value to include the buildnumber ( - 10.0.5500.0 ) or how/if i can get the buildnumber to another attribute?

--

<EXEC start="16:21:47" duration="2">
<CMD>[CDATA&colon; select @@version]</CMD>
<RESULT>[CDATA&colon; success]</RESULT>
</EXEC>
<EXEC start="16:21:47" duration="0" CMD="next" RESULT="true" />
<EXEC start="16:21:47" duration="0">
<CMD>[CDATA&colon; getStringByIndex:1]</CMD>
<RESULT>[CDATA&colon; Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP3) - 10.0.5500.0 (X64)
Sep 21 2011 22:45:45
Copyright (c) 1988-2008 Microsoft Corporation
Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.0 &lt;X64&gt; (Build 6002: Service Pack 2) (VM)
]</RESULT>
</EXEC>
<EXEC start="16:21:47" duration="2">
<CMD>[CDATA&colon; SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion'), SERVERPROPERTY('ProductLevel')]</CMD>
<RESULT>[CDATA&colon; success]</RESULT>
</EXEC>
<EXEC start="16:21:47" duration="0" CMD="next" RESULT="true" />
<EXEC start="16:21:47" duration="0" CMD="getStringByIndex:1" RESULT="10.0.5500.0" />
<EXEC start="16:21:47" duration="0" CMD="getStringByIndex:2" RESULT="SP3" />
<DISCONNECT start="16:21:47" duration="1" CMD="client_disconnect" RESULT="" IS_NULL="Y" type="sql" credentialsId="5_1_CMS" />

--

Best regards

laos

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: uCMDB 9.05 - Missing SQL build number attribute

Dear Laos,

Is it specific for the one server or this attribute isn't discovered for all servers?

If you have inconsistency, HP will treat this as defect, otherwise it will be enhencement request.

I'd suggest openeing support case.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Dima!

It is for all our servers in 3 different environments, but if i understand you, the value is supposed to be there?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I never told this... 🙂

Any information is already exist on destinations, but discovery scripts need to be ajusted to get it populated.

If specific discovery job was created to not populate the value, that's how it works at the moment.

Could you please let me know what deep discovery is performed for MSSQL discovery?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Dima and thanks a lot for your help!

The job that is running for us to discover MSSQL is:
MSSQL Server Connection by SQL
MSSQL Topology by SQL

Do you know which discoveryscript i should modify? and how i do it?
I´ve been searching but can´t find which or where it is!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Laos,

Version should be populated on its own attribute. These are the results of "MSSQL Server Connection by SQL"

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your help 

Version in my uCMDB is populated with the "SQL version" like "2005" or "2008" (see attached file) and it is not only in one environment

Any clue how i can fix this or is it better to contact HP support?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'd like to point your attention that you currently discovering MS SQL with "Host Resources and Application by WMI" (this info can be found by observing Created by and Updated by attributes on discovered CIs.) This is a very shallow discovery. The main goal is to find that specific host has some specific software running on it. After this deeper discovery is required. 

In your case"MSSQL Server Connection by SQL" job is very next step to bring this info.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

i'm doing the discovery with "MSSQL Server Connection by SQL" but it looks like it is also discovered by "Host Resources and Applications by WM" (which i suppose it should do) and then when "MSSQL Server Connection by SQL" discover it it will not change/update the value
Any clue on how i can fix this or should i open up a support case with HP?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I will open a support case with HP & announce here if i get a solution of the problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

You are welcome to open support case or you could publish communication log with results from Topology job here.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.