Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

uCMDB 9.05 multi-tenancy enablement through JMX console

Hello,

We have uCMDB 9.05 already installed in single-tenant mode. We now need to enable multi-tenancy and we have found a way to do it through the JMX console.

Since much of the available documentation explicitly states that multi-tenancy needs to be enabled during the installation/upgrade phase of the UCMDB, my question is this:

Does the enablement of multi-tenancy through the JMX console provide access to all the multi-tenancy features such as the Tenants Management and the Multi-Tenancy workflow? Also, is this approach supported?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: uCMDB 9.05 multi-tenancy enablement through JMX console

I feel I need to elaborate on how we enabled (?) multi-tenancy on our uCMDB. What we did was follow these instructions:

Go to JXM console

1. Search for "UCMDB:service=Customer and States Services"
  2. Select "addCustomer"
  3. Input "CustomerID: 2"
  4. customerName: OurCustomerName

Does this effectively enable multi-tenancy, or does this just update an idle MBean since we are still in single-tenant mode?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

There is no supported miltitanancy in UCMDB 9.0X.

The feature was introduced from 10.X.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. We still have the need to serve 2 different customers within the same uCMDB 9.05 environment. We have no need for shared data, we just want to separate and manage independently each customer's CIs. Is this possible to achieve through the security model? Are you aware of any best practices regarding this scenario in uCMDB 9.05?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Dear Dima, could you please help us understand then what is the functionality of the second or third Customers which we can create in uCMDB 9?

Go to Customer Configurations link
Click new customer config button
Create new schemas
Create new customer
Click Customers link
Click New Customer button
ID: 2

I remember this creates in fact a new uCMDB instane on the server - I think new Windows services if I'm not mistaken - or anyway what is the real usage of it? I thought this is in fact multi-tenancy in uCMDB.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.