Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

uCMDB Browser - grant read-only permissions to

Hello Experts.

We are running a uCMDB 10.11 CUP 450 with UD CP 14.05.317 an NT 2008 server, and browser version 4.0.

I'm trying to create a read-only user, dedicated to the uCMDB Browser, for our data consumers.
The problem is that even a custom role with the minimal permissions is still able to edit two CI attributes: Location and Owner.

I tried the OOTB "DataConsumer" role, and the user was still able to edit CI attributes.
I tried using a new role I created, with less permissions than the OOTB "DataConsumer" role, but the user was still able to edit the CI attributes.

How can I create a real read-only user for browsing purposes (with no permission to edit anything, even the CI attributes)?

An HP supporter found this knowledge document (Document ID : QCCR1H78170), that claims that this exact problem was solved on uCMDB version 10.10 (or higher) and browser version 3.0 (or higher) - but actually the issue still persists.

Does anybody have any additional information about this problem? Does anybody have any suggestion how to approach this problem (except an ER)?

Thank you in advance for your support,
Binyamin Kisch
Professional Application Services, Monitoring Team
Bezeq International, Information Technology

Working shift: Sunday-Thursday, 09:00-18:00
Planned absences: 7.4

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: uCMDB Browser - grant read-only permissions to

The problem you described was solved in Browser 3.0 by https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H78170 .

When Browser 3.0 connected to ucmdb 10.10, new feature introduced called CI Granular Access Control.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Dima.

Thank you for the reply.

I'm aware of this KB. Actually, I even mentioned this KB in the question.
If you see my original post, you can see that I wrote than despite this ER, the issue still persists with our uCMDB (even though all relevant components are of higher version).

Thank you,
Binyamin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I suggest to create a custom Role and in General Actions only allow View CIs, Allow Search, Get Related CIs and Access to UCMDB Browser

Also make sure your users are not externally created from LDAP, if they are then change the default role to the new Role that you've created

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Rey.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have actually tried that, but these attributes remain editable.

Thanks,
Binyamin. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you post an image as to how you are editing this?  I tested with browser 4.01 on 10.11 CUP5 and created a user with the DataConsumer role and cannot edit anything at all.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.