Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

uCMDB: Failed to detect the action

hi experts,

I have three servers, one where the uCMDB server is installed, the other where the data flow probe is

installed and the third where the uCMDB database (schema) is installed; the 3 servers are in the same

workgroup. If I make a discovery between these 3 servers is effected correctly. I made a discovery of another

server located in another workgroup, I have assigned a WMI user in root\CIMV2 with privileges of "Execute

Methods", "Enable Account" and "Remote Enable"; in the COM Security have the Launch Permission "Local

Launch", "Remote Launch" and "Remote Activation", are already enabled port: UDP 137, 138, TCP 135, 136, 139,

443 and 1024. the Windows Firewall port is stopped.

When i run the command "wbemtest" I can connect without problem. When i add credentials in WMI Protocol of

UCMDB and verify the connection, the connection is correct. When I go to Universal Discovery> Detection

Modules> Host and Resources> Inventory Discovery> Basic Inventory> Host Resources by WMI and start the

activity, I get the error "Failed to detect the action" and verify the details indicates that CI is "WMI

(database host)".

Could anyone tell me if I need any other permission or prior to starting the activity process?

By the way, only from the uCMDB server i've got response when I ping the IP to discover.

I'm using uCMDB 10.10 and MS SQL Server 2008

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.