Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

uCMDB - NNMi integration, always ends up in error.

Our integration between uCMDB and NNMi seems to fail quite often.  It runs perhaps 5 hours and after that we have kind of different error messages.

some examples:

OutOfMemoryError: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

DynamicService failed processing tables on destination: "IPADDRESS) (ID=6e368a0c24f3bc4544825ea3c040ab65)
java.lang.NullPointerException

and so on....

We thought that we missed quite a lot of CI:s and relationsships aswell. So we unchecked "Fail entire bulks due to invalid CIs". After that we got  a lot of "new" CI:s added (and also ip subnets that we have been missing for a while). 

But it seems as if the job gets error status all the time. I guess before it thought it was okey to fail entire bulk and give the job Success status....

I know we miss a couple of CI:s now and also that one day a layer2connection is updated, the next day it is not, hopefully it is updated (last access time) the day after that again and so on...

Some of the missing CI:s they have been aged out. I can see in NNMi that the node looks okey. I can also see that the node in Custom Attribute have the (old) UCMDB id set.

Some questions:

1. Should I remove the uCMDB id i Custom Attribute filed in NNMi on the missing nodes? Will it kind of see the node as a "new" node and add it in uCMDB? Or does it not matter what I do?

2. Any ideas why our integration fails with out of memory and so on, any ideas what we can do to avoid it?

3. PageSize settings, does that only have to do with the communication between the probe and the ucmdb server? Not with the communication probe - NNMiserver? 

4. Is the PageSize settings related to "fail entire BULK"? Or how is the BULK calculated?

our settings in the integration right now:

discoverDisabledIp: false

discoverLayer2: true

discoverNodes: true

discoverNonManagedInterface: false

discoverNonManagedNode: false

discoverPhysicalPorts: true

discoverVlans: true

PageSizeLayer2: 5

PageSizeNodes: 10

PageSizeVlans: 1

runInSeperateProcess: true

5. Do you think some of the settings can be causing some of the nodes not to be updated in uCMDB (with last access time)? 

6. How does the integration work regarding which nodes/ip:s it starts with? Does it start with the lowest IP or how does it decide which node/ip to handle first?

Wbr / Fredrik

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.