Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

uCMDB/RTSM Web Service API - CI lookup by other attribute

Hi

I haven't used the uCMDB/RTSM web service API before so apologies if the answer to this question is obvious. I can see there is a getCIsByID query method to query RTSM to return a CI given an ID. However we want to query RTSM to find the CIs ID based on an attribute. For example, return the CIs ID when the Primary DNS Name or SnmpSysName attribute .

I have done this before using the Java API, but not with web services. Is this achievable using web services? We are using OMi 10.60 which is running uCMDB/RTSM 10.30.

Thanks

Michael

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: uCMDB/RTSM Web Service API - CI lookup by other attribute

Hi
you can use REST API uf ucmdb to define same queries as with java code.
either get cis from a view or define a query as json..

example:
http://cmshelpcenter.saas.hp.com/CMS/10.32/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/REST_API/REST_API_Example.htm
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.