Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

uCMDB Search Folder growing issue

Hi All,

I have the same question about the Search folder in uCMDB, Every now and then I am performing the indexing to keep the folder size in control but My folder is grown to 22gb and I am not very sure if that data useful or not? 

Can anyone please help me to understand the importance of this folder and other then indexing do we have a better approach to keep this folder under control.

Today morning we had an issue in uCMDB and we restarted the application cause it was consuming close to 20gb memory,

it didn't start and got hung at "Topology search -starting status"

while troubleshooting we found that one of the database Indexing caused the delay, it took almost 35 minutes to come up.

Thank you!

Devesh

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: uCMDB Search Folder growing issue

Dear Devesh,

Search folder is used by SOLR engine needed for advanced search in UCMDB Browser (aka human language one as "all windows servers with more than 8  CPUs").

In case you're not using the search or browser at all, you could disable advanced search in Infrastructure Settings.

The folder size is a function of amount of Cis multiplied by ammount of attributes indexed.

Hope this helps...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: uCMDB Search Folder growing issue

Hi Dima,

Thank you so much for the quick update.

When you say "Advance search in uCMDB Browser" which is not the Simple and Advance search options available in IT universe?

Since I am using these Search options very often.

Thank you

Devesh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.