Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

uCMDB expert days - Question #2

Hi,

My 2nd topic would be to know how many CIs can be loaded within a report and exported?
I mean:
- I created a view based on the Managed Relationship CI Type and I have a report linked to that view
- The report aims at displaying and reporting ALL the CIs with ALL their attributes linked to that CI Type
- Nb of Managed Relationships is 6Million

Another question is:
- there's a link between Node and NodeElement (Composition)
- How can I display the Id of the Node whom the NodeElement is linked to?
There's here a parent-child relation, right?

Thank you,
Regards,
Bruno

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: uCMDB expert days - Question #2

Hi,

I would not recommand using such big reports. First generating such big report takes quite some time and I have seen cases that usualy end up with out of memmory exception or just errors in generating the report. In addition why generate such big report with that amount of data when just opening one takes time and parsing through it is also slow and ..

I would recommand breaking this report into several ones and grouping/filtering CIs based on certain attribute (Ex CIs located in x or that came from a pecific integration/datacenter...).

Regarding the second question the report can contain all information required. In order to add certain ID or other attribute to the report open the report in modeling studion and in the repot section just add the desired attribute.

Please see attached files as an hint.

Thanks,

Razvan Bolocan.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.