Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

uCMDB - get NW devices snmp serial number

Hi there,

I'm dealing with a problem I cannot solve. We have many mainly Cisco NW devices and we'd like to get the serials for it. I have the SNMP path to it (2.47.1.1.1.1.11.1).

Do you have any idea which discovery script or config file should I modify and how? Do you have any working example?

Thank you for the answers,
Barna

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to  CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: uCMDB - get NW devices snmp serial number

Ok, sorry for the posting, I found the solution after some investigation and testing. The SNMP_Connection_Utils.py script is responsible for filling out many host attributes using SNMP. I had to make an SNMP query for that MIB object, and process it, then set the HostOSHs host_serialnumber attribute.

Sorry to bother you, moderators, you can delete this thread if you want.

Thanks,
Barna
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Barna,
Could you achive getting serial number from NetDevices?, If yes, can you explain how you done?
Regards.
Ahmet.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Ahmet,

The OOTB SNMP discovery module doesn't discover Cisco devices serial number (which is a shame). So I had to check the devices MIB manually, search for the serial number entry, and then modify the discovery script to be able to discover the SN as well. I attach the modified script, you can find the modified section in the doSNMP function. Make a search for "serial".

Hope it will work for you.

Barna
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Barna,
it worked.
Thanks you very much.
Ahmet.
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Could you please attach the eddited script 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.