Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

uCMDB: use REST API with LDAP User

How can I authenticate against uCMDB with the REST API using an LDAP user? Interactive Logon with LDAP User to uCMDB works but Rest API CAll with json payload like this:

my $json = '{ "username": "user@domain", "password": "myPassword", "clientContext": 1 }';

returns 401 Error.

Using a local user from uCMDB in REST API authentication works fine.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Has this been confirmed as an issue?  I am seeing the same issue where a local UCMDB account works but an LDAP account gets a 401 response.

Regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You should open a Support case and request to be added to https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H118238 so RnD will see this ER as one needed by multiple customers.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

I do have the same issue. Has this been confirmed as a bug in the tool?

Regards,
Kartik
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hello! What is your UCMDB version? LDAP authentication in REST API has been added with version 2019.02.

Idea Exchange 1673418

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Add 'repository' parm to json auth.

Example:

'{ "username": "**PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**", "password": "myPassword", "repository":"domain.com" ,"clientContext": 1 }';

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.