Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

ucmdb 11 licencing

Hi all, 

We're planning to upgrade our uCMDB environment from version 10.11 to either 10.33 or 11.00 
When looking at 11 I read that the licencing meganisme has changed 

Unit-based licencing with UCMDB 11.0x vs  OSI-based licensing in previous versions  Can someone clarfify what this has for consequenses in the counitg of what is part in the license

Eg. what discovered CI's do I have to count and calculate in our current enviroment to check what is matching in the 11. licencing structure. 

What is the number of licence for 11 returned compared to 10.x  (1000 OSI license in 10.x == ??? units in 11.x??)

Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ucmdb 11 licencing

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Thank you for the reply, I've read these parts and as you state in the 11.00 situation not only the CI's comming from discovery are counted and that makes it confusing. 

is there a way to make a query on our current ucmdb to come to what is counted like it was in the new structure?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

There is a special flow for such scenarios. I would open a Support case for this and the Support engineer can redirect you to the License Exchange Program or something like that it was called.

There is a way to do some kind of simulation so you know ahead what will happen.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.