Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ucmdb-Number of cpu in a server - how to get this and store it in an attribute

Hi,

I want to knnow the solution for this. How can i get the count of number of cup's in a server and update a field in the server.

eg:

I have server "A" and it has 8 CPU's with a query tql between server and cpu I can see that there are 8 cpu's (cpu1,cp2....cpu8) i can the count 8 to be updated in the server under attribute "number of cpu's = 8"

how can i do this?

Please help.

Sreek
0 Likes
3 Replies
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

If you only want it in a report, an easy way is to choose Ci-type NODE and the related Ci-type CPU. You put CPU under the NODE. Go to the report part and on Node you choose Add function under Report Layout. Choose CPU and Count.

If you run the report you see the Nodename (display label) and a new column named Count (|CPU|) or whatever you call it.

This was not what you specific asked for but perhaps it is good enough, to be able to create a report with number of CPU/node.

I guess, if you really want a new attribute on the Node with the number of CPU:s, you should be able to create it in an enrichment.

Wbr / Fredrik
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks I'll try this.

But i'm looking for populating the number in the same server and then i need to send this value to service  manager.

How can i get this usinng an enrichment?

can you help me to create that?

Regards.K

Sreek
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

There is no such capabilities at the moment.

There is an ER for future version to implement this https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H93331.

By the moment I see two possible solutions:

- To alter discovery script bringing CPU (Python knowledge is needed)

- To change integration to SM making calculation on the fly ( Groovy or Java knowledge is needed) 

I affraid support wouldn't be able to help with this, but we could bring HP PSO into the picture (this is not free service).

Hope this help. 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.