Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

ucmdb XML Enricher service terminated unexpectedly

Hello Experts!

Every day I receive 2 different events in BSM related to my UCMDB. The events are:

! - The HP Universal Discovery XML Enricher service terminated unexpectedly. You have done this X time (s).

! - The HP Universal Discovery XML Enricher service terminated with a service error that was incorrect.

Does anyone have any ideas? When i check if the service is running, it's running but i don't know because this events happen.

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

We have experienced the same issue and was directed to exlcude the pgsql dir from AV scanning which we did and it still occurred. We have also been instructed to change the port from 34545 to 34546 or vice-versa in dataflowprobe properties file and xmlenricher\wrapperenv.conf and that seems to resolve the issue but is temporary, Port 34545 is being used by java. We are now testing a prestart.bat provided by Support that should close port 34545 and restart but this has not seemed to resolve issue but still evalauting. We do see xml enricher go offline via sitescope alerts and come back online 15 minutes later. Can keep you posted on our progress and the port change is listed in KB somewhere.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi WayneFMM, first of all thanks by the answer, but i want to know the cause of the problem to find a correct solution.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Matiasromero, no root cause has been found but it appears the port 34545 or 34546 is being held by the UCMDB probe java process and until the port # is changed the XML Enricher server will not start.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.