Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ucmdb and discovery of application changes

I am learning about ucmdb. I understand how the probes can go to a machine and then run bits to find out how much memory, what version of the OS, etc.

From things I have read, it is my understanding that ucmdb can then somehow determine what if any RFC is related to a change in a resource.

I am less clear on how the probes discover what applications are on the machine and the resources with which those applications interact.

One question that has come up has been whether ucmdb can be used to discover when applications change, and whether there are RFCs related to said changes.

For instance, say an application fails on machine XYZ. Is there a way to configure ucmdb so that one could look in the audit records for that CI to determine what applications changed within the last NN minutes/hours/days/weeks/months, what RFCs are related to each of those changes, what changes do not have an RFC, and perhaps even what specifically related to the application changed (dll, config, startup batch file, etc.)?

The goal here is to answer the age old question "Hey, application ABC just crashed - what has changed recently?"

Thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.