Mike Makar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ucmdb discovery issues

It looks like our server ranges and credentials were deleted when I applied patch 8.06. I've added them back in and when I run discovery it's failing saying "credentials id xxxx was not found in Protocol Dictionary Manager". Any one know how to fix this?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ucmdb discovery issues

credentials_id is an attribute of shell/agent CIs (SSH, Telnet, NTCMD, WMI etc.) related to host CIs. So I guess the way to fix it is to remove all the shell/agent CIs and rerun Host Connection by XXX jobs.
0 Likes
Mike Makar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Dmitry, I'll give that a try.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. NagendraPaladi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Dimitry,

Is removing the shell/wmi objects solution.

Running the host connections by xxx should update the credentails_id attribute with the latest available right.

Can you please clarify.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>>Running the host connections by xxx should update the credentails_id attribute with the latest available right.

Correct. This is the idea.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Hi,

I cannot find this attribute when I check the Shell CI on CI Type manager. I'm trying to troubleshoot the below error:

<log start="16:44:47" severity="debug">credentials id 187_1_CMS was not found in Protocol Dictionary Manager</log>
<log start="16:44:47" severity="debug">VMware VIM: Operation failed.</log>

I will be deleting the WMI agent and re-discovering the CIs and hopefully that fixes the issue.

Thanks,

praveen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.