Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ucmdb multi tentancy with users

We have a multi tenant implementation of uCMDB 10.11. Currently we handle tenants with some rules based on ip segments that propagate through the relationship to other CI's. However that turns out to be a little error prone and a bit beaurocratic. We can't have one probe per tenant so we can't do that separation. I would like to define a tenant for a management zone so everything discovered in the zone goes to a particular tenant, but can't make it to work. Supposedly one can do that creating users and assigning tenants to that users, but i'm stuck

Do you guys know a way to achieve this.

Regards, MArio

P.S. This hread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum MOderator

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: ucmdb multi tentancy with users

Dear Mario,

Could you please explain why you choose to go with MT implementation?

I'm asking since, managing MT environment is much more chalenging, and requires tonns of semi-manual actvities.

Do you really need to separate the tenants?

Please elaborate.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.