Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

ucmdbroutingdomain differs when doing a NNMI push to uCMDB

Hi!

In uCMDB we have DefaultDomain as the ucmdbroutingdomain on everything we discover (probe). When we tried to do a push from NNMi to uCMDB the nodes and interface where reconciliated just fine but the ipaddresses (and ipsubnet) are not. 

It seems as it sets the ucmdbroutingdomain to Default Tenant.

I guess doing an enrichment that change the value could be an ugly workaround. I am also thinking about changing the identification rule for ipaddress to skip the validation-criterion of the RoutingDomain. Since we just using 1 RoutingDomain this shouldn´t have any impact and connected interface macadress should be enough.

I can add that we in infrastructure settings has 

Default Domain Property Value to DefaultDomain

Does anyone have a solution to this? 

Wbr / Fredrik

Labels (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ucmdbroutingdomain differs when doing a NNMI push to uCMDB

It is important to see if the NNMi gives this attribute value, or it comes from the UCMDB. Check if your integration user has assigned tenant. If so, blank it.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi!

I´m almost sure this value comes from NNMi, but it´s not visible from the integration you create there.

I did a manual update to the API with an ipaddress and ip lease time without a value for routing_domain. This one was reconciliated fine.

I also did a manual update to the API with an ipaddress that don´t exists in uCMDB. It was created and the routing_domain was set to DefaultDomain (probably since it is default).

I also know there is a tenant i NNMi that are named Default Tenant (which is default in NNMi).

Wbr / Fredrik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What about nms-support.properties file?

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

The nms-support.properties just includes comments (#). 

I have seen a couple of enhancement regarding this, many of them are really old. Hopefully someone has a solution... 

Wbr / Fredrik

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.