Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

vCPU,# Virtual Socket # cores in socket

Hi All, 

Is it possible to discover vCPU count, Virtual socket, and cores in a socket using any discovery job ?

Regards 

Arpit

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: vCPU,# Virtual Socket # cores in socket

Depeding on your current Content Pack version.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

UD 10:30

CP 21 . 

Let me know if more information is required . 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

CP21 is quite old.
Above CP21 I see a lot of ERs and fixed defects for LPARs and Solaris CPU discovery.

I would try with to find an answer on a test machine with the latest CP28, it will spare you a lot of time.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Does the above CP include discovery for vCPU or virtual sockets for windows, Unix vm's . If yes we can try to apply higher CP'S
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Difficult to tell, a lot of code cganhes are not marked as vCPU or virtual CPU so searching is a little bit interesting.
Some are like this one https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H118912

I do encourage you to try CP28 ontop of UCMDB 10.33 on a test machine. You have the old/current and test environment to compare the results. There will be differences.

There was a lot of chatter on this subject as you may have different SW which have a licensing model based on CPU information like VMware or Oracle. There was some code changed.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

In every adapter you can see the commands which are used to obtain the data from the servers. Since there is no such component in Windows as virtual CPU, you have to see if the data is captured using the standard Host Resource commands. The CP28 ones are:

hostres.PNG

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.