Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

what the best approach to do discovery for unknown infra?

Hi,

I'm new to UD and do like to ask what is the best way to do discovery if the asset in the infra are unknown. I had a list of ip range where I know my device are in there but as the asset is spread out across the ip range, I'm not sure which protocol i should used. what is the best approach I should take to do a basic discovery, like hardware details and ip address.

Regards

SoongWc

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: what the best approach to do discovery for unknown infra?

Hi

I am uCMDB Software Support representative.

It is relative every job has a time out and is suposed to end before reach that time out.

For example discovering Ips also depends of the connection.

But the estimate time its suposed to be before reach the time out.

Regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.