Ability for UCMDB Discovery to stop discovering old AWS snapshot that no longer exist

Idea ID 1667718

Ability for UCMDB Discovery to stop discovering old AWS snapshot that no longer exist

0 Votes

In the AWS by Web Services job in UCMDB we are noticing many errors in the communication log about discovering snapshots that do not exist. The main error being <message>[CDATA: The snapshot 'snap-xxxxxxxx' does not exist. (Service: AmazonEC2; Status Code: 400; Error Code: InvalidSnapshot.NotFound; Request ID: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx)]</message>. Since snapshots eventually expire in AWS it would be nice to not have so many lines in the communication log and help to save space of the log file. Can code be added to the job to remove expired snapshots from the communication log? It can also help save time when an adminsitrator is looking through the log for something during troubleshooting.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

Can you provide us more data how are you leveraging the AWS discovery today?

Would you be open to go on a phone call so we can better understand your status/plans with AWS discovery?

Thanks,

Doron

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

I would like to treat this as a defect and not an enhancement.  I've sent you a note separately with instructions of how to submit the ticket and then send me the content I'll need to escalate this to our R&D folks who manage product defects, and let's see if we can just get this fixed.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.