Idea ID 2703620
Customers very often find out that some nodes suddenly changed from
(10.x) Inventory license to UD Full license or
(11.x) basic to advanced license.
In other cases they have a large number of e.g. VCenter Nodes, but only need details from a subset of these.
Create methods to prevent license relevant discovery jobs to run on NEW nodes.
The customer should be able to decide about if an when license relevant discoveries may start.
E.g. extend the "Node" CIT with two attributes
- "do not use discovery jobs on this node which consume any number of units"
- "do not use discovery jobs on this node which consume a full unit"
and change the discovery jobs or the DFP logic to pay attention to these flags.
There may be other ways to achieve the same results, e.g.
- create some node grouping means which prevent license relevant discovery jobs to run on these nodes
- generally do not start any discovery on new nodes --> customer "releases" new nodes to discovery
- create a pool of "new discovered nodes", and then the customer decides about when to start the first discovery job
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.