Add a parameter to choose the date format in UCMDB

Idea ID 2802618

Add a parameter to choose the date format in UCMDB

Actually, the date format in uCMDB is not very easy to use.
For example: Thu Feb 27 14:51:57 CET 2020.
This is not only a displayed label, because this date will be exported in (CSV, XLS...) files or in webservice requests.

For me, it's quite essential to have a parameter, in order to set a customized date format.

Similarly as ucmdb_browser.report_date_format setting which is specific for Browser.

Remember: in France, we're usually using 'dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm' as date format.

6 Comments
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

This idea was supposedly delivered in 2018.11.

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/CMS-Idea-Exchange/Configurable-date-time-format-for-UCMDB-UD/idi-p/1645005

It was added to reports generated from the the CMS UI only leaving all people who are still using the Admin UI (Java) stuck with the terrible date format.

Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..
Unfortunatelly, our exports are usually produced
- by direct requests from our customers, using the WSDL which is provided by uCMDB.
> This function can not be reproduced from CMS UI, and this is the main source for our reports ( 1 million requests a month), with the horrific date format.
- from the Admin UI (from 'Modeling/Reports', tab 'Topology reports' and function 'Schedule reports').
> I'm not sure this function is fully implemented in CMS UI. If I'm wrong, how can I reproduce this in Admin UI (format, mail address to send... and so on)?

To complete, my uCMDB version is 2019.11
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I agree with you, the configurable date format should be available EVERYWHERE a date is returned and not only in a single use case in a single user interface.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Date is quite complicated to use with uCMDB.

By default I would prefer to get a UNIX timestamp.

With the current format, it's impossible to order while getting data from API ou Report

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.