Add parametrized filter by cardinality

Idea ID 1677879

Add parametrized filter by cardinality

Often I meet situation when I need make parametrized filter by cardinality in report.

For example, recently customer ask me make report about servers and related running software, where would be option find server by name and by name related Running Software.

I created parametrised report:Скриншот 12-12-2018 185003.png

In this report I write cardinality 1..* for relation node-RunningSoftware

Скриншот 12-12-2018 185915.png

But customer has usecase when he wants see all servers Hostname match to condition as with related runnig software so without this relation.

I change cardinality to 0..*, but in this case when customer want find onli servers related to some specific running software he sees all servers that haven't relation with RunningSoftware.

Скриншот 12-12-2018 191346.png

So it would be greate to have some way to manage cordinality in parametrised reports. In my case it may be check box in report: "with running software only". If it checked TQL executed with cardinality and then applied cardinality 1*,

Скриншот 12-12-2018 191940.png

If uncheck with cardinality 0* applied, and so on.

Or maybe it will be two parameters in report Min and Max value for this cardinality.

Certain solution can be discussed, but I hope you understand my main idea.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I did not understand the issue. Can we set  a meeting to look into this?

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Hello Doron, of course we can arrange meeting to discuss it. But I enriched idea with screenshots, perhaps it help you for understanding this idea.
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Also I want add, that create two reports one displayed all nodes, another displayed nodes with RunningSoftware only maybe solution. But it is not well for user experience, because user can't work with data in one place and must hope from report to report.
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thanks, now the idea is clear (also discussed it with our architects). I will let the community vote on it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.