CMS Browser Policy - Save policy does not show where it is saved

Idea ID 2692355

CMS Browser Policy - Save policy does not show where it is saved

0 Votes

I am using UCMDB CMS 2019.02 Version. When I tried to create Policy and want to save the Policy. It is showing Policy is saved. But I could not find out where it is saved. Need to show the saved policy location in CMS UI.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

When a policy is saved in the CMS UI, it is automatically stored in the Query\Policy folder.  These types of queries are ONLY visible within the CMS UI - the Admin UI does not know or understand anything about them.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

May be I confused here. After I create a policy, yes we know it is saved in \Policy Folder. Now I need to apply this policy to the view. I need to go to resource manager and select the view and apply the policy, Once I apply policy it is asking me to save - Compliance View, But this compliance view I don't see any where. Where this compliance view is stored.

SAVE Compliance View Button.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

We improved the CMS UI so that it shows where the policies are stored, and you can now delete them as required from the Resource Manager in the CMS UI

This idea has been implemented in product release 2020.02 Check out the release notes for details. Thanks to all of our contributors for helping us continue to improve our products!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.