Configurable date/time format for UCMDB/UD

Idea ID 1645005

Configurable date/time format for UCMDB/UD

Hello,
we are from Europe and use different format of date & time values. The UCMDB GUI and unfortunatelly exports (that are often consumed by users and management) show  date&time in format "Fri May 4 2018 10:25 PM CEST"  This format is not "normal and accepted" here. Please make the format configurable (in one place for all UCMDB).  Thank you.   Ivan   04/05/2018 10:25    🙂

Tags (1)
10 Comments
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

The default date and time format is also an issue for anyone trying to manipulate them in Excel as it is not recongnised as a date. Writing a macro to convert that string to a date is a pain.

Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Upon initial review, it is indeed tot easy to edit the fomat of the date (as it derives from a property file in a signed jar file).

The idea has received an initial review to ensure adherence to our idea submission and community guidelines. We ask the community to help prioritize the idea with comments and community support (votes/kudos).

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
To convert date in excel you can use next formula as workaround - =DATEVALUE(CONCATENATE(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;10);2); IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Jan";".01."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Feb";".02."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Mar";".03."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Apr";".04."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "May";".05."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Jun";".06."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Jul";".07."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Aug";".08."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Sep";".09."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Oct";".10."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Nov";".11."; IF(RIGHT(LEFT(H2;7);3) = "Dec";".12." ))))))))))));RIGHT(H2;4)))
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

We are in Canada and have the same issue with the date format. The arbitrary format currently used in uCMDB (v10.xx) is almost the worst one for implementing calculations or dashboards. A configurable format would be nice, especially if we can choose the format in each view we create. If a single format should be choosen, I would vote for the ISO 8601 format, it is, at least, an international standard.

Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hello,

yes, the current format is so "exotic". I have never seen anything similar during my 30 years in international IT :))))

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered in CMS 2018-11

Honored Contributor..

Hello,

the implementation is halfway only 😞 Dissapointment. The "configurable" date format is relevant only for reports and their exports.  Everywhere else the old "nightmare" format is still in use. Even in CMS UI's interface (history, properties etc.).  It seems that first part of my idea request (UCMDB GUI - or at least CMS UI) was not taken into account.

:(((((

Ivan

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Report and exports is already a good start. I assume that since it has already been announced by MF that the Java UI will be dropped in favor of a HTML5 UI, they are not invest any time/money in redesigning the date formating in the current Java UI. However, I really expect the date format to be fully configurable in the HTML5 UI.

@Bill_Dyck : Can you confirm the roadmap for implementing the configurable date format overall in the UI?

Honored Contributor..

If only you were right ! As I can see it - the burying of Java GUI is music of future :)))) None of our customers now is willing to use Web GUI today - not because missing admin functions but simply because of poor Web GUI  desing of presenting CIs, working with CI groups, troubles with relationships, impossibility getting CI Properties and Get Related anywhere "on click" (like it is in Java GUI)  and so on (tens and tens of reasons)   I thing that the best would be to have 2 clients (Java GUI for administrators and developers) and ritch polished Web GUI for users (data consumers). Now it is schism - Web GUI is too young still and Java GUI is to old :)))) And the names of them are story of its own ( even people on support are confused if I use "current" term CMS UI (= Web interface) and UCMDB UI (= Java interface)). Why simply not Java UI and Web UI for example... Uff. Have a nice day. I.  PS : The more I UCMDB/UD know the more I think that it deserves.... gues what 🙂

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.